The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is the organisation responsible for regulating the private security industry in the UK. As an independent body reporting to the Home Secretary, our mission is to regulate the private security industry effectively; to reduce criminality, raise standard and recognise quality service.We are currently recruiting for 6 posts spread across the UK in the following regions: West Midlands; Central London; South East; East and one for our Formal Investigation team which is nationwide.
Reports to: Head of Investigation
Your role will be to work as part of a national and regional team of home-based investigators, liaising and
negotiating with stake holders from across the private security industry to ensure compliance with the Private Security Industry Act 2001.
Primarily, you will build and manage effective relationships within the private security industry. As an ambassador for the SIA you will also be responsible for maintaining key partnerships with the Police, Local Authorities and other agencies to enable compliance strategies to be implemented.
- SIA Head Office
- Representatives from the private security industry
- Local Authorities
- Training providers
- Members of the public
- Trade associations and Industry representatives
- Other Government departments and agencies, such as Borders and Immigration Agency and HM Revenue and Customs.
- Working as part of a regional or sector team to meet national and regional compliance priorities. Also working with other regional and sector teams as part of a larger, national team.
- Developing and maintaining productive partnerships with key contacts to maximise compliance with the Private Security Industry Act 2001.
- Achieving team performance targets through the delivery of intelligence led tactical solutions.
- Leading on and contributing to the delivery of wide ranging national projects.
- Implementing and supporting compliance strategies which are consistent with SIA national policies and guidelines.
- Operating consistently within corporate standards and strategies.
- Conduct basic investigations into non-compliance with the Private Security Industry Act 2001.
Relevant Skills and Experience
EssentialAchieving Results of High Quality and Value
- Experience of client relationship building or comparable work, with a sound understanding and/or experience of compliance techniques.
- Flexible attitude to working hours with the ability to adapt to change.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.
- Experience of effectively gathering and analysing information and good IT skills.
- High levels of drive, determination and commitment.
- Ability to prioritise urgent issues whilst achieving outcomes to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to act under own initiative and constantly strive to deliver excellence in all work.
- An uncompromising approach to outstanding customer service.
- A commitment to Health and Safety practices and procedures.
- Experience of developing and maintaining productive partnerships.
- Excellent team working skills.
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunity and diversity issues and an ability to recognise and welcome individual diversity, both among staff and others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a capacity to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Ability to present information to a variety of audiences.
- Well developed negotiating and influencing skills.
- An understanding or experience of public sector processes and commercial sector operations.
- Understanding and/or experience of intelligence systems, and general interest in crime reduction issues.
- Experience of home-based working.
LocationThis role is based from home – though national travel will be required, and the successful candidate will form part of a national team.
MobilityInvestigators should have their own car and possess a full valid driving licence.
The SIA is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from candidates irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, marital status, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please send CV’s and an accompanying letter to: Recruitment@sia.gsi.gov.uk