The chauffeurs form part of the security group within Property, Procurement and Security Division. The team currently comprises of 4 chauffeurs based at Threadneedle Street. The team report to the senior chauffeur who, in turn, reports to the TS perimeter team security manager.
A vacancy has arisen for a pool driver with close protection (CP) experience and/or qualification, to support the Governors and Executive Team. The jobholder will be required to work flexible hours to meet the requirements of the role.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
· Provide a professional chauffeur service for the Governors and Executive team.
· Provide cover in support of the Bank’s Executive Protection team to include location reconnaissance and liaison with other security professionals.
· Maintain a high level of security awareness whilst delivering excellent customer service at all times.
Candidates must have the following skills and qualities to enhance the level of service provided to the Governors and Executive team:
· Good team player, willing to help others achieve positive results and to develop their skill set.
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact confidently with Governors and Executive Team members, external counterparties and Bank staff acting with discretion at all times.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise when required.
· Flexible approach to work requirements at short notice (may be required to work long hours at times).
· Close Protection qualification or proven track record in this line of work would be advantageous (training can be provided).
· Good communication skill’s both written and oral is essential.
· Good IT skills (training will be provided).
· Ability to dynamically assess their working environment and react accordingly.
· Carry out a range of daily/weekly/monthly administration tasks.
· Hold a clean driving license.
· A recognised advance driving and first aid qualification would be advantageous, however training may be provided.
· Must be of smart appearance.
· Be able to travel within the UK and internationally, sometimes at short notice.
· Willingness to take on new challenges, even when working under pressure.
· May be required to cover security operations duties when not required for chauffeur or EP duties (training will be provided).
How To Apply
The job is a standard Bank 35 hour, five day week, however it should be acknowledged that to accommodate the working patterns of the Governors and the Executive Team, a flexible approach to start and finish times is required. The jobholder will be expected to cover this role on a rota basis. Weekend work is therefore a possibility. It is possible that certain jobs may require working away from home, both in the UK and internationally. Clean driving license is essential.
Please complete the on-line application form and submit your current CV via iRecruit.