Employer: Laing O'Rourke
Location: Laing O'Rourke - UK
Req ID 59421
Purpose of Post
The role holder will report to the Select Operations Leader and be accountable for the development and management of the manned guarding operation for our project sites and permanent locations across the UK. They will establish a team that can provide an industry leading guarding service to Construction projects and depots.
Accountable for the effective management of all subordinates, co-workers and suppliers connected to the security of projects and depots, getting the best performance from the team, through strong leadership, performance driven, flexible, supportive, rewarding, challenging environment and culture.
Will exhibit all the leadership behaviours detailed in LOR Leadership behaviours.
• The UK business.
• Multiple businesses and multi-stakeholder projects
Key Performance Measures
• Be capable of estimating, forecasting and managing human capital costs across multiple project lifecycles.
• Be capable of analysing the costs of different manned guarding services, in order to deliver great value.
• Be capable of producing quotations for site security services.
• Be capable of leading the manned guarding operations team and influencing other security team members in the adoption of good practice.
• Be a capable subject matter expert in the protection of tangible and intangible assets from the effects of crime.
• Be capable of setting and maintaining high professional standards by example.
• Be customer focussed in the delivery of manned guarding security, in order that controls are both proportionate and effective.
• Be customer focussed in delivering manned guarding security controls that minimise disruption to operational engineering and construction processes.
• Be customer focussed when dealing with sensitive information regarding client, stakeholder or Joint Venture partnerships.
• Be a source of advice and assurance for internal business colleagues.
• Be a source of technical and operational expertise when engaging in business planning
• Be a trusted and collaborative member of virtual networks across multiple European businesses
Primary Role Activities
Key Activity 1 - Business Strategy
• The role holder will engage with the wider Select Site Solutions team in developing and delivering the Select operational plan, specifically in the area of manned guarding provision.
Key Activity 2 – Manned Guarding Security
• The role holder will assess the security threats and vulnerabilities for civil engineering and construction projects across London and the South with gross values in excess of £6m and advise on manned guarding requirements.
Key Activity 3 – Security Planning
• The role holder will work with other Select Site Solutions managers in planning and delivering a total site solution according to the requirements of the Select business
• The role holder will assist in the creation and delivery of a business plan that develops the manned guarding provision to the Select business.
• The role holder will ensure that all guarding plans complement the Group security plan.
• The role holder will liaise with local and national police services.
Key Activity 4 – Delivery
• The role holder will be responsible for the planning and development of the manned guarding provision as a national business stream of Select Site Solutions.
• The role holder will assist in the management of the day-to-day guarding operation across the UK.
Key Activity 5 – KPIs
• The role holder will ensure the delivery of a standardised manned guarding security offering against minimum delivery standards and Key Performance Indicators.
• The role holder will track the lifecycle of projects ensuring that the manned guarding security plan is effectively and efficiently protecting all assets at risk.
• The role holder will submit regular management reports on the manned guarding operation.
Key Activity 6 – Security
• The role holder will conduct proactive and reactive assurance reviews of projects, undertaking investigations where necessary to establish the root cause of security breaches.
Key Activity 7 – IT and Business Process
• Strive as far as commercially practical to make optimum and efficient use of current I.T (in areas such as MS Office applications, Internet, Intranet, EDMS etc.) particularly from a commercial perspective.
• Drive through improvements that make best use of information systems, encouraging their use to share knowledge/ best practice/ experiences.
Key Activity 8 – People Management
• Ensure highest standard of employees.
• Develop a cohesive, performance driven, flexible, supportive, rewarding, challenging and celebratory team.
• Implement and establish a team of area supervisors to carry out customer facing activities and management of guards.
• Ensure SMART key business objectives and principles and measures are communicated to all.
• Make sure that team have objectives and personal development plans to help grow their skills in line with the objectives of the business. These should be formally reviewed twice a year.
• Promote knowledge sharing and learning and develop a team able to ‘think outside the box’.
• Take responsibility for resource management and team development.
• Ensures every individual receives the necessary technical, health & Safety and personal training and development to meet both external (legislation etc.) and internal (increased performance etc.) demands.
Key Activity 9 – Corporate Responsibility
• Minimise negative impact of operations and maximise opportunities to improve the quality of the built environment for future generations.
• Ensure all supplier selection takes account of CR supplier code and all suppliers agree and comply with the Site Waste Management Plan.
• Capturing information about customers and consumers CR plans and aspirations, providing innovative solutions and approaches and communicating the business CR commitment and capabilities.
• Share best practice and apply principles in community involvement, making our performance visible and maximising the beneficial impact of our activities.
• Educated to Advanced level or equivalent.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
• Previous exposure to the Civil Engineering and Construction industry.
• Previous experience of government, commercial or private security disciplines.
• Previous experience of guarding and security systems integration
• Experience within a security or risk discipline across a UK SME business
• Experience of the manned guarding sector across the UK
• Thorough knowledge of Security Industry Authority regulations
• Excellent communicator capable of influencing at the highest levels of business
• Critical thinker capable of addressing risks and issues in a logical and systematic manner.
• IT literate with experience of MS office applications.
• High professional standards in a customer facing role
• SIA Front Line Licence (DS or SG)
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Commercial capability to manage accounts and P&L performance